Repairing brick arch in place.

I have finally finished glazing the first 500 bowls of my 1,000 bowl firing. These bowls will make up the first firing, 250 in first room, 250 in second.

These pictures show the first room and second room as I start the loading process. The first room has bowls I didn’t unload from my last firing last year.

I also have pictures of a repair I did in situ on the entrance arch. Here is the process.

I removed one brick from above the arch. Not the arch brick but a regular brick. I then removed the 2 bricks that had slipped from the arch. I formed the arch with some bendable wood. I held the form in place from the bottom with a car jack, the sides with sticks wedged against the wall. I placed the cast-able repair material through the removed regular brick. When I had put in enough cast-able I then slipped the removed regular brick back in place. Viola.

Advertisements

About togeii

I have lived in Japan for 19 years doing ceramics almost the whole time. I have a wood burning noborigama and a long snake kiln.. I
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s